"SINGLE Owner/Unit" Breeding:
Litter Registration is available on a litter produced from 2 HPA Registered parents already registered with the HPA to any individual who is in good standing with the HPA..
Both Parents are required to be owned by the same Person or the owner of the Sire MUST sign the Litter Papers as the owner of the Sire and will be held responsible along with the Owner of Dam for any FAILED Sire results.
N.1 - Clear Genetic Test is highly Recommend for MPS VI, PLL, Cystinuria & DM.
1. DM is a genetic disorder that appears to be running rampant in the Miniature Pinscher Breed and in some Harlequin Pinscher Bloodlines therefore it is highly Recommended that HPA breeders test for the Gene and choose their breeding stock carefully to clear the gene from their own bloodlines.
2-Owner Mating Registration Requirements:
Effective August 13, 2021:
1. Both Dam and Sire must be owned by the same individual/*unit as shown in HPA files to qualify
for HPA Individual or Litter Registration. (*Unit being those within a Family with the same Registration Number followed by an Alphabetical Letter .. i.e. 3004 & 3004B) or the Owner of the Sire must complete the Sires section on the Litter Registration Application.
A: NEWLY PURCHASED ANIMALS: Owners may be requested to show proof of sale/ownership & possession within the mating time period. Failure to supply supporting documents, in a timely manner, can result in total litter being disqualified for registration and the removal of good-standing status of both Previous and Current Owner.
AA: Only one Individual can register litters during a given time frame based on SALE DATE.
B. LEASED ANIMALS: Female Animals shall be leased on a 5 month contract for breeding purposes to ONE Individual and the lease will automatically expire at the end of the 5 month period.
B1. Male Animals shall be leased on a 15 Day contract for breeding purposes.
(*Note this is a leased male and not one just used for a one time stud service).
bb. A legitimate signed "Lease Agreement Contract" will be required to be submitted to HPA at the time of leasing (*within 30 days) and prior to any Litter Registration Request with the required $100.00 recording fee.
2bb. Leasee will have the right: in the case of the leasing of a male: to breed that animal to as many females as they wish during the 15 day period and receive registration papers
on offspring based on meeting of all HPA requirements involved.
bbb. Fees associated with the "Lease Agreement Contract" are the responsibility of the Dam Owner.
bbbb. Failure to file a Lease Agreement Contract in the required 30 day period can result in litter(s) being ineligible for registration.
bbbbb. . Contracts accepted after the 30 day period with legitimate extenuating circumstances will be charged an additional $100.00 penalty above the $100.00 filing fee.
C. Offspring resulting from A Leased animal will be submitted for registration on an HPA LItter Application Form and both "Owners" of the animals will be shown as the breeders.
Disclaimer: HPA nor it's affiliates will become involved in any issues with Leased Matings with the Exception of taking Executive action against 1 or more parties involved.
HPA will not become involved, including but not limited to, Contract Disputes, Financial Disputes, retrieval of Animals, Death related Issues, Puppy Retrieval, Puppy Papers ... etc
Any Dog which has an HPA Canine Registration Application issued through the HPA can be registered with the HPA by those in Good Standing with HPA with the required Microchip Identification.
Dual Registration of Miniature PInschers from AKC, on a case by case basis, may be dual registered with the HPA.
All Min-Pins submitted for dual registration MUST have included an AKC Certified Pedigree issued by AKC which must include a full 3 generation pedigree including Names, Colors and Registration Numbers.
*Note: Harlequin Pinschers from other registries are not allowed Dual Registration.
CKC (*Continential), CPR, AHMPC nor NAPR registered Miniature Pinschers are NOT eligible for dual registration.
HPA reserves the right to refuse dual registration to any dog for no cause.
PARENTAL DNA TESTING:
1. Required parental DNA testing of every Breeding Status dog has been suspended as of April 1, 2022. We reserve the right to reinstate the Policy at any time without notice.
2. We strongly encourage breeders to continue doing Parental DNA Verification on their animals.
3. We strongly encourage Puppy Buyers to request Parental DNA Verification.
1. An Individual Puppy Registration Form can be used to register a Single Puppy from which a Paid Litter Registration is being submitted, at the same time, with no additional charge for the Single Puppy being registered.
2. Litter Papers may not be *changed (*Puppies added or information changed) at a later date so accuracy on Submitted Litter Papers is of the upmost importance when using this form of Registration.
A. Any changes the Registry deems reasonable will result in a recording fee of $100.00.
AA. Fee will be required to be paid in full prior to the acceptance of changes.
B. NO CHANGES/ADDITIONS will be allowed after 10 weeks of the date of birth.
C. $25.00 per paper is required for re-issuance of lost/misplaced papers.
3. Only 1 form of Registration is allowed per litter - Either Printed Puppy Papers from Registry or the use of the Individual Puppy Registration Form.
4. Once the Single Pup Litter is accepted for Registration and the Dam Owner has chosen to use the Individual Puppy Registration Form the Registry will issue only a Single "Certificate of Registration Paper" for that given litter of a single pup.
A. One pup and only one pup per litter is eligible for registration using the Individual Puppy Registration method of Registration.
Submit to: :
Sent by REGULAR United States Postal Service mail to:
(*We do NOT sign for mail - Must be sent REGULAR US MAIL)
Harlequin Pinscher Association
PO Box 360
Fouke, AR. 71837
CC. Payment to be made by Money Order or Certified Check to:
Harlequin Pinscher Association
(*PERSONAL CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
(*Zelle Payments are not accepted for those sent in by U.S. Mail)
1. Fill in all blanks on the application and send to:
Harlequin Pinscher Assocation
PO Box 360
Fouke, AR. 71837
A. with required registration fees:
aa. up to 6 months of age - $25.00
6 months to 1 year - $40.00
over 1 year of age - $65.00
Payment must be in U.S. funds or an an additional $10.00 is required to cover bank charges.
No Personal Checks are accepted. Zelle payment is not available for mailed in applications.
Money Order required.
1. Can be done online using the online form.
A. Payment must be made via "Zelle" immediately upon completing the online application.
aa. Application are discarded without payment being received.
bb. Zelle payments must be from a BANK TO BANK application and not one attached to a debit card.
2. Can be mailed in. (*See without a Code directions above.)
A Registration fees and payment methods are the same as for un-coded papers as shown above for mailed in applications.
1. Papers are to be filled out in their entirety by the breeder PRIOR to be giving to the new owner. . Blanks will result in non-issuance of papers.
a. For those not having an HPA ID number please write in N/A in that blank.
aa. "DATE"s on both Previous and Current Owner Sections should match. This is the date of sale and transfer of animal to the New Owner.
2. Animals can be registered in ONE persons name and ONE persons name only.
HPA does not currently have a cut-off date for registration based on the age of an animal.
We do however have registration fees based on age.
All paperwork submitted must be accompanied by the proper fees and be in U.S. funds or an additional $10.00 is required for those from foreign issuance.
Papers submitted without proper funds will not be processed.
---------- FEES ----------
1 to 6 months of age - $25.00
6 months to 1 year of age - $40.00
Over 1 year of age - $65.00
To maintain those high standards and the integrity of HPA certain Registration Privileges have been established. HPA is the premier registry for Top Quality Elite Breeders of the true Purebred Harlequin Pinscher. HPA has in the past and will continue to ban those who do not meet the standards to which keeps our breed one of the best breeds there is.
January 18, 2022
Any individual with HPA registered dogs may use HPA Registration Services as long as they are using HPA as their sole Registry for Harlequin Pinschers and do not support/promote using any other Registry/Club/Association in regards to Harlequin Pinschers.
HPA breeders are expected to take pride in the efforts HPA and the loyal ethical HPA breeders have taken over the years to develop a healthy breed through Pride and Dedication. Supporting breeders (*banned or not) who use other so-called Harlequin Registry Services is not in the best interest of the breed.
Individuals found to be supporting other Registries/Clubs/Associations or breeders using these other Registries/Clubs/Associations are subject to having HPA Registration Privileges removed.
All Puppy Buyers are encouraged and expected to do diligent research PRIOR to purchasing a puppy. Buyers should be knowledgeable in the Min-PIn & Harlequin Pinscher breed and choose a breeder who meets the qualifications of putting the "BREED FIRST" over financial gain. HPA has worked diligently to keep the 'breeding stock' within the HPA to be the healthiest available.