"SINGLE Owner/Unit" Breeding:
Litter Registration is available on a litter produced from 2 Genetically Clear and DNA Verified Parents already registered with the HPA to any individual who is in good standing with the HPA..
Both Parents are required to be owned by the same Person/Unit or Amendment LR-A is to be adhered to
.*Note: The "Clear" Genetic Test Results and the DNA profile along with the Parental Verification Documents must be on file PRIOR to any Litter Papers being issued.
N.1 - Clear Genetic Test Required are MPS VI, PLL, & Cystinuria.
Effective December 1, 2021:
1. All newly registered HPA animals will be required to be DM Clear.
A. Carriers (*1 gene) will be allowed in the ACR database to be used to produce "CLEAR" offspring for "Replacement Breeding Purposes".
AA. Carriers may only be bred with "CLEAR" mates.
AAA. Tested "CLEAR" offspring may be dual registered with HPA.
B. Affected (*2 genes) may be registered as "PETS" only and will not be allowed Registration of any Offspring Produced.
2. All newly registered HPA animals will be required to be Double Coat Clear.
A. Carriers (*1 gene) and Affected (*2 gene) will be allowed in the ACR database to be used to produce "CLEAR" offspring for "Replacement Breeding Purposes".
AA: Carriers and Affected may only be bred with "CLEAR" mates.
AAA. Tested "CLEAR" offspring may be dual registered with HPA.
2-Owner Mating Registration Requirements:
Effective August 13, 2021:
1. Both Dam and Sire must be owned by the same individual/*unit as shown in HPA files to qualify
for HPA Individual or Litter Registration. (*Unit being those within a Family with the same Registration Number followed by an Alphabetical Letter .. i.e. 3004 & 3004B).
A. Exceptions to LR-A-1
1. Both Sire and Dam must be Certified by a Practicing Licensed Veterinary PRIOR to a 2-Owner Mating/breeding on a State Certified Health Certificate for:
A. Overall Health - Dated, Issued and Signed Health Certificate in the State which the owner of the animal resides within 10 days of breeding. (*breeding date will be determined 63 days from date of birth of litter.)
B. Clear of any degree of Luxating Patella.
C. Wormed with an all-around wormer (*such as Drontal Plus) within 10 days of breeding.
D. Certified Brucellosis free by a Licensed Certified Lab.
E.. Animal Certified Tested free of:
F. Animal Certified Free of:
1. Hernia (*for Dam & Sire) .. Retained Testicle (*for sire)
2. Overbite - Underbite - Retained Teeth
3. Undesirable Coat Type (*No visible CDA, bald/thin/brittle areas or overly thick coat.
G. Animal deemed to be of acceptable SIZE, AGE, and QUALITY for breeding purposes.
1. Individual Animals Microchip must be on Veterinary Document and Inserted by Veterinarian at time of Exam.
2.. Animals Date of Birth Must be on the Certificate. (*Both Dam and Sire must of reached the age of 14 months for breeding purposes.)
3. Animals WEIGHT must be on the Certificate. (*Note: Sire must be within 2# of Dams weight to qualify for Stud-Out Services).
4. Veterinarian must Certify he/she finds the animal suitable for breeding purposes.
H. Breeding must be of Natural Breeding or Fresh Semen A.I. (*not frozen or shipped).
1. Fresh Semen A.I. must be done by a Practicing Licensed Veterinarian or an HPA A.I. Approved Specialist.
I. ALL Puppies born from a 2-Owner Mating must have:
1. *Individual TESTED Clear Results for MPS VI, PLL, Cystinuria (*CYS), DM (*Degenerative Myelopathy) and Double Coat prior to litter being accepted for registration. (*Clear by Parentage or Clear by Lineage will not be accepted for 2-Owner Matings).
A. Every puppy must be identified by Microchip on Testing Paperwork.
2. DNA verified as to Parentage (*Both Dam and Sire). Only 1 Sire will be allowed for 2-Owner Mating and if more than 1 sire is found to of sired the litter the whole litter will be disqualified for registration.
3. Certified by a Practicing Licensed Veterinarian, at 8 weeks of age, to be Healthy and Free of:
A. Heart Murmurs, Incorrect bite, Worms, Parasites, Protozoans (*Giardia - Coccidiosis), Hernia, Retained Testicles, Mites, Flea, Ticks, Ear Mites, Respiratory Issues, Knee Issues, Skin Issues, Eye Issues
J. All cost related to 2-Owner Mating Requirements are the responsibility of the Dam and Sire Owners.
A. Additional cost are not to be *charged to the Puppy Buyer in any way. (*by additional Price to Puppy, by Agreement (*Verbal or Otherwise), Contract/Consent.)
AA: Additional Cost will be deemed any additional cost over which Breeders sold a previous puppy of Like: Gender, Color and Pattern ... within the previous 6 months.
AAA: Owners may be requested to show proof of sales within the previous 6 months. Failure to supply supporting documents, in a timely manner, can result in total litter being disqualified for registration and the removal of good-standing status of both Breeders.
B. Violations to Additional Cost Clause will result in banning of ALL Parties.
K. Puppies from a 2-Owner Mating may not be re-homed prior to 8 weeks of age.
L. All 2-Owner Matings are to be done by Contract and on a *Stud Fee Basis Only. (*No Puppy Back Arrangements).
1. Stud Fee is to be a Minimum of $1000.00 and paid in full at time of mating.
A. Any Violation of Stud Fee Clause will result in both parties being banned for life..
A. Mating/Stud Contract will be required to be submitted to HPA at the time of Litter Registration.
M. 2-Owner Mating Contracts are to be filed with HPA within 14 days of mating.
A. There is a $65.00 fee to file a 2-Owner Mating Contract.
AA. Fees are the responsibility of the Dam Owner.
B. Failure to file a 2-Owner Mating Contract in the required 14 day period can result in litter being ineligible for registration.
BB. Contracts accepted after the 14 day period will be charged an additional $100.00 above the $65.00 filing fee.
N. Puppies resulting from a 2-Owner Mating will be submitted for registration on an HPA Individual Puppy Registration Form AFTER the Litter Registration Application and Required Forms have been submitted and Proper Payment Received.
Disclaimer: HPA nor it's affiliates will become involved in any issues with 2-Owner Matings with the Exception of taking Executive action against 1 or more parties involved.
Any Dog which has an HPA Canine Registration Application issued through the HPA can be registered with the HPA as Pets by those in Good Standing with HPA. Those used for breeding must meet the rigid criteria as set forth by HPA as to Breed Standard without Disqualifying Faults,
Required Genetic Test Results and having been legally obtained as set forth in the HPA Handbook.
Dual Registration of Miniature PInschers from other approved Registries, on a case by case basis, may be dual registered with the HPA.
All Min-Pins submitted for dual registration MUST have included a Certified Pedigree issued by an approved Registry which must include a full 3 generation pedigree including Names, Colors and Registration Numbers.
*Note: Harlequin Pinschers from other registries are not allowed Dual Registration.
CKC (*Continential) and CPR registered Miniature Pinschers are not eligible for dual registration.
HPA reserves the right to refuse dual registration to any dog for no cause.
An Individual Puppy Registration Form can be used to register an Individual Puppy from which a Paid Litter Registration has already been submitted.
1. At the time a Paid Litter has been submitted for registration the Dam Owner may request to use the Individual Puppy Registration Form to be given to their Puppy Buyers or to use for any Puppies they choose to retain. (*Mixing forms will not be allowed.)
2. Litter Papers may not be *changed (*Puppies added or information changed) at a later date so accuracy on Submitted Litter Papers is of the upmost importance when using this form of Registration.
A. Any changes the Registry deems possible will result in a fee of $100.00.
AA. Fee will be required to be paid in full prior to the acceptance of changes.
B. NO CHANGES/ADDITIONS will be allowed after 10 weeks of the date of birth.
3. Only 1 form of Registration is allowed - Either Printed Puppy Papers from Registry or the use of the Individual Puppy Registration Form.
4. Once the Litter is accepted for Registration and the Dam Owner has chosen to use the Individual Puppy Registration Form the Registry will give each puppy in the litter it's own I.D. number which the Dam Owner will put in the proper place on the form.
A. Form can be filled out and downloaded from the Internet in which Breeder can use to give to New Owner to submit for Puppy Registration.
5. Accuracy is of the utmost importance on filling out the Litter Registration Application and the Individual Puppy Registration Form when using this method. Errors can result in Non-Issuance of Papers.
6. Individual Puppy Registration Form is to be filled out in it's entirety by the Breeder PRIOR to be given to New Puppy Owner. Blanks will invalidate the form.
A. If the New Owner does not have an I.D. Number on file with HPA then please put N/A. in the blank.
7. Forms may be submitted for Puppy Registration by:
A. Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
AA: Immediate payment upon submission must be made through Zelle at 870-648-8586
B. Text copy of Completed Form to: 870-648-8586
BB: Immediate payment upon submission must be made through Zelle at 870-648-8586
C. Sent by REGULAR United States Postal Service mail to:
(*We do NOT sign for mail - Must be sent REGULAR US MAIL)
Harlequin Pinscher Association
PO Box 360
Fouke, AR. 71837
CC. Payment to be made by Money Order or Certified Check to:
Harlequin Pinscher Association
(*PERSONAL CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
(*Zelle Payments are not accepted for those sent in by U.S. Mail)
8. Individual Puppy Registration Fees when using the Individual Puppy Registration Form:
A. For New Owners:
$45.00 (*under 6 months of age)
$60.00 (*6-12 months)
$75.00 (*1 year and older)
B. For Owner of Dam when registering their own Puppies which they are retaining:
$25.00 (*under 6 months of age)
$40.00 (*6-12 months)
$65.00 (*1 year and older)
HPA does not currently have a cut-off date for registration based on age of an animal.
We do however have registration fees based on age.
All paperwork submitted must be accompanied by the proper fees and be in U.S. funds or an additional $10.00 is required for those from foreign issuance.
Papers submitted without proper funds will not be processed.
---------- FEES ----------
1 to 6 months of age - $25.00
6 months to 1 year of age - $40.00
Over 1 year of age - $65.00